This site uses technical, analytics and third-party cookies.
By continuing to browse, you accept the use of cookies.

Preferences cookies

Headquarters

The Italian Cultural Institute (IIC) was established in 1980.

Its first location was in the old Italian Embassy on 16th and Fuller Street, NW.

In 1992 the IIC moved to the Dupont Circle area at 1717 Massachusetts Avenue, NW, Suite 100. The new office was equipped with an exhibition hall, an auditorium with 150 seats and 7 office rooms. The library was located in the auditorium. The total area of the IIC consisted of approximately 3700 sq ft (350 square meters).

In October 2000, the building, where the offices were located, was sold to John Hopkins University, and the IIC moved to 2025 M Street, NW Suite 600, in the Foggy Bottom area. The new location was about 3300 sq. ft. (320 square meters). The offices, on the sixth floor of this modern building, consisted of a library, 5 offices, and an exhibition hall / auditorium with about 120 seats.

In August 2006, the IIC moved to its current location in the Embassy of Italy in the USA, designed by architect Piero Sartogo, at 3000 Whitehaven St., NW in the area known as ” Embassy Row.”